Please be aware that:
- The estimation displayed is just that: an estimation, and not a guarantee. Please make sure that the value you enter for the render time per frame on your system is really an average render time, and not the time of a random frame (which may be considerably lower than the average).
- This Estimator is dedicated to animation only. It is not to be used to estimate a still image project.
- This cost estimator does a reasonably good job of approximating the render time for animations, with a margin of error.
- The accuracy of the estimation is proportional to the homogeneity of the frames and to the CPU load. In other words, the estimated render time will be very close to the actual render time if all the frames take the same time to render, and all the CPU cores on each node are running at 100% when rendering the project.
- The total processing time of a project includes the preparation time (distribution of the scene and scene elements, textures, etc. on the servers calculating your project), the render time itself and a small project management time (FTP account creation, etc.). The time and cost displayed by this cost estimator correspond to the rendering phase itself.
FAQ dedicated to the Cost Estimator
How do I get my CineBench or OctaneBench score? What is it for?
You can download the benchmark from the publisher’s website and run the program on your computer (free of any other tasks) to obtain the score of its machine. You can also consult the score directly on the publisher’s website depending on your configuration.
This allows us to know the speed of your machine and thus determine how much faster we will be and for what price.
MAXON’s CineBench R15 evaluates the performance of your CPU.
OctaneBench from OTOY is a program that evaluates the performance of your GPU.