- 3ds Max
- Cinema 4D
It is VERY important that you read this section carefully before submitting a scene. It will help you to avoid common mistakes.
Check and tests
- Use our free preparation tool RANCHecker for Blender in order to prepare your project. It will gather the necessary files and the scene, for a smooth rendering on our render farm. Please refer to the page Ranchecker Installation
- Check before sending the scene that you have saved it with all the correct settings. It is your responsibility to provide the scene with every parameters properly set. The scene will be rendered exactly as you send it.
- For animations: Send between 3 to 15 significant frames in final resolution before sending your whole project.
For still images with a more than 2k resolution: Send the rendering in a smaller resolution.
It will help you checking if the final images look as expected and if the cost/time per frame fits your estimations.
Outputs Formats and Names
- Video formats (AVI, MOV, MP4…) are not supported. Only image sequences. Please always specify individual frames rendering (with an image file format: .exr, .png, .jpg, .bmp, .tga, etc.) for animations output. We cannot directly render an animation to a video file format due to multiple differences between video formats, codecs et platforms
- Render Layers Output Files : Put the layer name in your output file name. Subdirectories are not supported yet on the Ranch. Ex: AO_image.png Normal_image.png Cryptomatte_01.png…
- Please name your output frames (for instance “Image.png”) because if they only include figures (the number corresponding to the frame), the render won’t work properly on the RANCH!
- The “Step” parameter or any frame range tampering parameters will be skipped. To render non-consecutive frames, please use the “Specify the frames that should be render” parameter of the website.